KOOLpod

Monday, January 31, 2011

I Shall Walk Through The Night

The rain has stopped,
And the grass is wet,
Misty air hung with a sweet smell,
Of flowers and fresh leaves…

The night shivered with forgotten love,
Of shattered hearts and broken promises,
Cold wind caresses my weathered face,
Whispering words long ago vanished…

Do you still look up the sky,
And watch the lonely moon?

I am walking through the night,
Searching for your tender voice,
Seeking for your heartbeats,
Are you still there watching the stars?

The birds are sleeping,
But an owl is hooting,
And across the blue spreading sky,
I could hear laughter amongst the clouds…

Is it your laughter?
Is it your mirth and glee?
Perhaps you are joyous with happiness,
Perhaps you have found your garden of love…

I shall walk through the night,
Again and again and again,
Until the night burns and scorches,
Until time runs and hides…

Copyright – Ali Sobree @ AisKOOL January 2011