KOOLpod

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Vanishing Soul

Misty eyes,
Blurring your double visions,
Sadness and gloominess;
Scratching your tortured soul.

Dreams are far away;
Almost untouchable,
Yet you stand there,
Watching the merry world,
Laughing like hyenas.

What are you?
I am a bubble; beautiful but flimsy,
You would say.

Who are you?
I am a rainbow; pretty but unreal,
I would vanish when the vapors disappear;
You would say.

And why?
Because I am – you would say.

Time flies like a falling leaf,
The soul sings a sad song,
But it never says goodbye,
It does not know how.

Perhaps I know;
Not much, but I know.

I know that if I turn away,
I would never look back ever again.

The blue ocean would swallow me,
The setting sun would consume me,
And dusk would come,
The magic hour would leave,
And I shall be in the shadows of the night.

Forever; dark and mysterious…

Copyright – Ali Sobree @ AisKOOL August 2010